the Research Center for Payments and Settlements
The Research Center for Payments and Settlements, located within the Institute of Finance and Banking (IFB) and part of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS), is a state level research institution under the direct leadership of the IFB and approved by CASS. It specializes in studies on payment and settlement theory, policy, industry, technology, and other significant issues.
The research center is mainly engaged in tracking payment and settlement issues and related development trends, including new situations in the payment and settlement industry and policy changes both at home and abroad. This is done through a variety of academic and policy research activities, such as seminars, consultations, and training sessions, which focus on the reform and development of the payment and settlement market and regulatory systems in order to advance innovation.
Honorary Chairman, Scientific Committee Chairman: Li Yang (Member, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences、Chairman, National Institution for Finance & Development, CASS)
Director: Yang Tao (IFB, Research Fellow)
Deputy Director: Cheng Lian (IFB, Research Fellow)
Deputy Director:Dong Yun(IFB, Associate Research Fellow)
Secretary-General: Zhou Liping (IFB, Research Fellow)
1. To carry out theoretical and policy research on payment and settlement divisions, striving to maintain a leading role for academic research both at home and abroad.
2. To systematically gain an understanding of the development trends of the domestic financial payment, and settlement laws and regulations and policy changes; to provide consultation and research services to all levels of government and public sectors.
3. To cooperate with all types of payment and settlement companies and affiliated enterprises in expanding applied research through the research center; to accept commissions from various agencies; to publish research results; to promote the integration of production and research.
4. To establish a stable, cooperative relationship with the People’s Bank of China, the China Banking Regulatory Commission, and other financial regulatory authorities, as well as with the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the Ministry of Finance, the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Public Security, the State Administration of Taxation, the National Tourism Bureau, and research institutions and universities; to conduct forums, seminars, research, and other activities related to establishing an important platform for the exchange of information.
5. To establish a long-term and stable relationship with various types of payment and settlement service agencies; to make timely exchanges regarding the development of the industry; to meet the demands for the industry’s development and promote communication and exchange between the service agencies and businesses and consumers.
1. Center Office: Responsible for management, foreign contact, research activities and cooperation with other departments of the research center;
2. Scientific Committee: Decision making related to major academic issues, assessment of research done by the center and future research directions;
3. Research Department: Required for academic development and foreign cooperation, research departments are established according to professional directions related to the payment and settlement field;
4. Foreign Cooperation Department: Responsible for foreign cooperation and contacts, organizing significant forums and conferences, and setting research and practice bases for foreign cooperation.
5. Training Department: Making full use of the research center’s powerful research force and broad research fields, this department carries out training related to payment and settlement theory, industrial development, policy, and other areas for relevant government departments, regulatory authorities, and a variety of enterprises and institutions based on the demand for academic research and practical applications.
Institute of Finance & Banking (IFB),
Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS),
620, Complex Building,Yard 27,Wangfujing Street, Dongcheng District,
P. R. China